Aunt Paula and I discussing decorating possibilities.
Our friends Mallory and Elsie worked in the kitchen baking dozens of cookies. They were indespensable!
In the afternoon we went over to the church and set up chairs and tables, and most of the decorations.
That night we signed CDs for special people closely involved in the production of the CD and concert. We also made out a detailed schedule for Saturday. We worked it backwards from the time we wanted to leave to the first shower at 6:00a.m. There was also a schedule for the afternoon including setting up, sound checking, warming up, and dressing.
Saturday~ The morning flew by. I hardly remember what we did besides load the vehicles!
Mallory and Elsie loaded all the cookies we'd been storing up in the freezer.
We arrived at the church in three different vehicles, at three different times, and started various tasks.
Mallory busy baking the cookies...
...which piled up beautifully...
...tray by tray.
Terry, Michael, and Lynn arrived and set work on the sound system. Mom supplied lunch and special "voice" tea. At about 3:30 in the afternoon, we began an important and extensive sound check.
Then it was time to lock the doors to the hall :), and dress.
Aunt Ludo was a great during this backstage time - our three-piece Renaissance costumes can be quite a chore and she was right there to do lacing, give make-up tips, and help where ever help was needed!
Meanwhile the refreshments were ready and waiting (and tempting).
Some dear friends of ours arrived in time to help with hair! I'm doing Krista's hair, and in the background Heather is doing Janna's.
Coming up next~ the Concert!
Check back!
~the Fourth Rose
7 comments:
Hello Besceglia Family! (Jenna, especially, since you are the one who commented back to me on my blog :)
Thank you for getting back to me! :) Well, I was just wondering if you would be in the Longview area, because Rainier is a very small town (where I live) and doesn't have a large enough church to have such a wonderful concert as your family seems to give. :) So is the Portland concert this Saturday? May I ask where abouts in/near Portland you live in? My family and I used to live in the city - NorthWest Portland - until we decided we needed more air and country livin'. So we've been out in Rainier for the past 5 (going on 6 next month) years. God has truly blessed us!! I would really, really like to see you...or at least hear you! How much do you sell your CDs for? How long have you been practicing music as a family? I saw that you have a link to the Craig family on here! :) Wonderful! Do you know them personally? Do you know the Cash(es)?
Blessings to you all! Hoping the concert went well!!
~Miss Raquel
Hi Raquel,
Our public Portland concerts are over for the season at this point, but I'm sure we'll be getting a "summer" set together of mostly celtic music next year. We live in Milwaukie, which is a bit in the city, but convenient for all of our music activities! I'm sure beautiful up there in Ranier, I'd love to vacation up there!
Doing a mapquest it looks like Chehalis is less than an hour from Rainier, so you all really should consider coming! We are doing two concerts at Napavine Baptist Church; Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. (Did I already say that? I can't remember...)
You can purchase our CDs with a printable order form or with a credit card via our website www.whisperingroses.net We sell them for $15, but I think shipping and handling makes them about $17 online. If you do purchase one, be sure and let us know what you think! (You should come to the concert and save yourself shipping...:)) We've performed together ever since my younger brother was nine months old - nearly 11 years! However, we started performing seriously about the time we released our first CD two years ago.
We know the Craigs just a little - met them through the Bradricks and were at Tim and Kristen's wedding. We've had fun singing in the choir directed by Neil Craig at the homeschooling conferences a couple of times. We did meet some Cashes at the Bradrick's picnic once, but we didn't go last year so I can't even remember who all is in their family! Have you been to the Bradrick's picnic? Does your family play music together?
Hi Bisceglias,
The concert looked wonderful! I hope you post some more pictures soon! My family tried to go (and we really wanted to), but our well pump broke (we had no water) so we had to deal with that instead!
Maybe someday the Lord will get us somewhere to see one of your preformances!
In Christ,
~Shiloh
cool pics!! ^_^
Shiloh: Oh, I understand. Last Christmas season our basement flooded terribly the night before our concert...it was crazy and we were all definitely running on adrenaline the next day! We'd love to see you sometime. I do hope it will work out! Until then, however, you could get a CD and enjoy our music that way! ;)
Christine: Glad you like them!
Oh yes, girls, I hope to get more pictures posted tomorrow!
~the Fourth Rose
lol wow it does not seem like a whole year ago that the flooding thing happened! sorry rofl i was just reading back and i saw that and it just seemed weird lol
I know what you mean, Christine. When we had that snow we were all thankful we weren't trying to get to performances, and then on New Year's I got to thinking about all that flooding. It was pretty incredible. And the fact that we stayed up all night bailing water and did a concert the next day is even more incredible. I'm sure glad we weren't doing that this year. :)
~Kathrina
Post a Comment