Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Independence Day Memories

We were thrilled that our friends were once again hosting an Independence Day celebration on their 60-acre farm, after skipping it last year.

 Even though they didn't have a pie contest this time, I made a beautiful (and delicious!) strawberry pie for the shared meal.

 Our annual jam session with Randy, the banjo player!

 Singing hymns around the campfire.

 Roasting S'mores around the campfire in the evening - looking at this photo makes me want some more!

 After dark, when the light is dim and the cold air makes us draw closer to the fire, our hearts seem to draw closer as well.  About ten young people stayed up until 2:00am sharing laughter, humor, and discussing some of life's toughest questions.

It was wonderful.

In the morning a beautiful sunrise greeted us!  No sleeping-in when you are in a tent!

~ Janna

2 comments:

Shiloh Strang said...

Janna,
The pie looks great! I love the stars all over it-- what a wonderful idea!

I'm glad to see y'all are updating your blog again. :)
~Shiloh

Shiloh Strang said...

What great pictures! You sure had a wonderful time!

I must say, we beat you all... we went to bed after 3:00 AM! :)

Have fun at Camp Dwight... and be sure to post on that too... just a little reminder--that's all. ;D

~Bethany