Sunday, September 11, 2011

Vortex

A vortex is an unexplained scientific phenomenon where people shrink and grow, balance is upset, and some scientific laws do not hold true!


 Can you see the difference?  The person on the right is closer to the center of the vortex.
 The "House of Mystery" provided many amazing tests of balance as we had to lean in to the off-set gravity of the vortex.

Do you believe it?  It was fascinating!

6 comments:

Daniel Ahrens said...

People shrink and grow? That means it is, in fact, possible for a Bisceglia to be taller than an Ahrens! Unbelievable!

Shiloh Strang said...

The Vortex... the bump in the earth’s magnetic field. No fair! I’ve always wanted to go there!!! Was that the one in OR? I’ve read the papers and some friends told us about it. It sounds so interesting! I think Einstein even talked about it.

As far as highth goes, that's a loosing battle for me! :(

~Bethany

Johan said...

Wow! That is fascinating, but I just got a headache thinking about it. ;)

Shiloh said...

That's so interesting! I've read about that all before. My favorite picture is the last one~ so you all are really standing up "straight" right?

Bisceglia Family said...

I don't know if I could grow to be taller than you, Daniel...

Bethany - this was in Montana. It is actually larger than the Oregon one, but the Oregon one is pretty neat as well.

Shiloh - there was an invisible physical "force" that pulled us in one direction, so we had to lean into it to stay upright. Spooky!

~ the Second Rose

Daniel Ahrens said...

But Janna, just think... If you grew and I shrunk at the same time, I think you could come up to my shoulders at least!