It was the dream of a homeschool mom to have an English Country Dance for her local homeschool group. When she heard that we girls had taught folk dancing, she could see her dream becoming reality. After several months of planning and preparing, we drove over the river to teach a group of brand new dancers the delight of English Country Dancing!
The dance was regency themed, and we all enjoyed pulling out our regency ball gowns. Krista wore the ball gown she made for the Victorian ball back in November. I was thrilled to get to wear my regency gown for only the second time since I made it a year and a half ago.
Kathrina took most the photos, so unfortunately she didn't get into many of them. However, she looked stunning all evening.
The official hair stylist of the family, Kathrina created a lovely recency style for me that lasted three days!
There was delicious punch!
The dancing begins.
Everybody really enjoyed themselves!
It was fun to see all the young children dancing!
The hall had been beautifully decorated.
I did most of the calling. I now have the utmost sympathy for callers who seem to have difficulty staying on-time with the ECD dance music, Irish music is much easier even if the dancing is more difficult!
We hope to do it again for this homeschool group!
4 comments:
Fun stuff! See you on the dance floor tomorrow!
How fun!
I want to know how Kathrina did Janna's hair! :)
Shiloh, I would be happy to show you some time. It would be easier to teach you I person than to try to explain it in writing. :)
Kathrina
I'd *love* that, Kathrina. :)
Post a Comment