Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy 18th Birthday Kathrina!

Kathrina spent many hours online planning her special day.  And what a treat she planned for all of us!  We started the day with a delicious breakfast at Stepping Stone Cafe.  Over cinnamon roll French Toast and egg omelets we tried to map out her high school graduation trip we are planning for the end of the summer.


After breakfast, we took a hike in Portland's Forest Park.  It was a lovely to smell ferns and decaying leaves as we walked along the creek. 


A family photo with Sarah this time.

 
We hiked out to a curious stone house structure.  I think the original house was partly wood and partly stone, but either the wood has rotted away, or there was a fire and now the stone part is left.  It looked a little like a castle!

After our hike, we were sufficiently hungry to go to the dessert place Kathrina had chosen.  Pix Patisseria is apparently famous for their French-style chocolate dessert creations.

 All I can say is that they deserve every award they have won!  They had the most delicious combinations of flavored chocolate mousses over some kind of sponge cake or wafer and all wrapped together in a thin sheet of bittersweet chocolate that was artfully decorated.

 
It is hard to believe that my little sister is now an adult!  I love her great sense of humor, cheerful spirits and social grace.  May you have a blessed year, Kathrina!

~ Janna

4 comments:

Shiloh Strang said...

A very happy birthday to you, Kathrina! I apologize for being late, but if you were born a few weeks later, I would have been on time! ;)
Seriously though, you are looking forward to a great year! May God bless you as you seek Him and follow his leading!

Love,
Bethany

Shiloh said...

Happy Birthday to Kathrina!!

I want to go to that French place. :)

Daniel Ahrens said...

Happy Birthday, Kathrina! I would say have an awesome year, but that could possibly communicate a lack of creativity in the area of adjectives, so... Have a fantastic, wonderful, interesting, fabulous, awesome, terrific, incredible, blessed year! Ha! Beat that! Well, never mind, because I know you could. Anyway, it would be preferable if you didn't decide that you're too old to play board games or something, because it is so much more fun when you play. Except that you always win, but you know, Noah and I will keep practicing and eventually we'll beat you.
Have a fascinating year! ;)
Daniel

Bisceglia Family said...

Oh! Thanks everyone! My year will definitely be great with so many blessings from wonderful friends! Thanks!

Love,
Kathrina