Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Concert with Highstrung!

Highstrung String Quartet opened the concert in a packed sanctuary!

They started out with some toe-tapping Christmas favorites then moved on to some inspiring classical selections that showcased the quartet's talent.


Huge round of applause for Highstrung String Quartet! This is their last season of performing together. Please consider attending their farewell concert on January 11th. You won't be sorry! Info here.


The Bisceglia family all together! We wore the Renaissance costumes we sewed last summer and performed several Renaissance carols.



Mom and Noah had new percussion jobs this season.


Whispering Roses:
the Bisceglia sisters


Kathrina played her new mandolin on Good King Wenceslas.



Many thanks to Terry P. and Mallory and Elsie D. for the photos.


Highstrung joined us for the last two songs. We played an instrumental version of God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen. We invited the audience to join us for the final song Oh Come All Ye Faithful. The music was absolutely beautiful. It was such fun to play with Highstrung. They are great musicians, talented, energetic and funny. We'll always remember this joint concert!
Group photo! Thank you, Knopp family, for working so hard to make this concert happen!
We were incredibly blessed by the Devine family, who helped with the CD table, refreshments, video, clean up, loading heavy equipment, and more. Thank you so much! We hope to figure out how to load a short video clip on this blog from the footage filmed by Preston D. So stay tuned!


Successful event! Time to relax and have fun with a funny face photo! And just so you don't doubt our reputations, a crazy photo wasn't the girls idea!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures of the actual concert!!

Besides the ones I took I never got to see the ones from the concert!

I'm glad Terry took pictures as well, exspecialy since he was up close, the lighting turned out much better that way,he did a good job!!

BTW, I didn't know they (Knopp guys) were the ones who wanted to do the funny/crazy picture,which
did turn out quite funny!!

Anyway, (despite the lighting) it was fun taking pictures, Mallory & I had a great time! Thanks again for the fun experience!
God bless!
Elsie =) =D

Bisceglia Family said...

What Elsie?!?! Could you even dream of such an idea being ours? (Just kidding :))

Wow, you're really mastering the long comment thing. Good for you!

(As you know), I had a grand time, too. I'm so thrilled - after many emails and much planning - the concert became reality! I'm still enjoying the feeling of having put on a really successful event! It couldn't of happened without everyone's help.

Love you ~ Kathrina
P.S. I'm also glad that you and Mallory got to share in part of our New Years tradition! (Maybe we should include bailing water from now on??....)

Anonymous said...

Despite the fact that your basement was filling with water, it was kinda fun bailing!.....Although, if I were you I would stick with the original tradition! ;) :)

See ya' Sunday! (hopefully!)

God bless!
Elsie =)

p.s.
How could I have been
sssooo mindless! Of course
young lady like yourselfs
would never think of such an
ideah!! ;)..You did a good job though!

Christine said...

oooh love the pics=)) i see my friend hannah in the first one... the girl in the blue coat and purple hat. im not sure if i can see myself, haha. why is mr. bisceglia's guitar backwards??? i never noticed that before lol.

Bisceglia Family said...

Alright, we'll stick with the original tradition. Per your advice of course, Elsie. :) Lord willing, we'll see you Sunday!

Christine, it so happens that our dad is left-handed, and consequently he plays a left-handed guitar. It is basically a mirror image of a right-handed one, which is why it looks backwards. On the other side of the aisle, I see a Hannah we know. How funny! I wonder how many people with the same name were there!

Many Blessings ~ Kathrina

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to have missed the concert, but delighted with all the fun pics and running commentary.
I look forward to seeing the video from the concert.

Christine said...

yeah... but isnt a "right handed" guitar kinda better for a left handed person? cuz the finger work is all with the left hand...

Bisceglia Family said...

ForeverFan Heather: We missed you, too! Hopefully by now you've got to see the video!

Christine: Actually, the subject is debatable....For example, there are lots of left-handed violinists that play regular violins (I, for one), and maybe we're extra good at finguring and have to work a little harder than some at bowing...again, its debatable; that's just the choice my dad made.

Blessings,
~The Fourth Rose