Earlier this month I was thrilled to be able to have private lessons with world-renowned harpists Grainne Hambly and William Jackson. Ever since I saw them in concert, I have wanted to get a private lesson with Grainne. When I saw that she was coming out for Laura Zaerr's harp retreat, I wrote her asking if it would be possible to arrange a private lesson. As it turned out, William, or Billie, was coming with her as well. Our house is right on the way from the Portland airport, to Eugene, where they were performing, so everything worked out perfectly! I got a forty-five minute lesson with Billie in Scottish music, then switched gears and had a forty-five minute lesson with Grainne in Irish music. Meanwile the rest of my family served lunch and had a great time hearing traveling and performance stories. Hopefully I will be incorporating some of the things I learned into our upcoming concerts. It was a wonderful experience!
Grainne, Janna and Billie
6 comments:
WOW! That sounds like an amazing experience! (Even when I don't play harp! :D)
~Bethany
That's wonderful that everything worked out so nicely! I wish I was there. :)
Blessings,
~Shiloh
you got a 45 lesson? does that mean you know how to shoot a 45 now? awesome.
DA
PS sorry I just had to say it :)
Um... Daniel, I don't think they would have been able to smuggle one of those on the jet!
~Bethany
P.S. Sorry, just had to say that. ;)
Now... what was that, that you were saying, DA? I see no problem! ;)
~Bethany
you underestimate the power of the smuggleism. It's easy! you just have to wait until takeoff and then throw it through the window. That, or you could just promise that you aren't going to do anything with it until you get off the plane. :)
DA
PS noooo, no problem at all...
Post a Comment