IF I’M NOT MISTAKEN: Soap is made with Essential Oils… and Essential Oils are bad to eat because of too much concentration. I think that’s right… but I’ve only made regular soap instead of dish! :)
~Bethany
P.S. Oh... I see! Very funny! Although i would never get up that early to check riddles... for goats? Yes. But never riddles! :) Actaully... that means that Johan does't get extra time to see them! Hmmm I had been wondering about that.
haha :) if you had posted it at 3:00 again I would have almost stayed up late enough to read it :).
Bethany: I don't think very many soaps are made from essential oils, but I wouldn't know for sure. The lemon essential oil is edible if you water it down enough :).
Anyway, my answer would be that some bozo thought it would be a good idea to make soap taste nice. (strange how all my answers are like that...)
DA: Well, have you ever eaten Lemon Essential Oils?! Actually, I had this "lesson" on how water has memory. Sure, if you just dump a gallon of water into a drop of Essential Oil, it won't hurt you (probably). But there are ways to make that one drop really strong by shaking the water, adding more water, shaking again, and then the molecules of the water "remember" the motion of the molecules of the oil drop's motion. That way the water has a VERY strong concertration of the oil. Whew! I think that's right. It sure is hard to remember all that!
CORRECT ME ANYONE! (If I'm wrong!
Johan: Your roomates will leave the camp with some increases in brain-power! :D ~Bethany
Bethany: Yes I have eaten Lemon essential oil. I usually put a drop or two in a glass of water. It's good for sore throats :). You can also do it with Peppermint, Frankincense, (Frankincense you can eat straight, I put it under my tongue) and probably a few more that I can't remember.
Daniel
PS never heard about the water having a memory before, very interesting...
Thanks for your thoughts, everyone! Wow, Johan (and room mates), thanks for taking the time to drop by our small bit of web-land. I liked the answer.
Some of our essential oil bottles actually have instructions for use as a "dietary supplement". So, do your research, Bethany! :) They can indeed be taken in quite small amounts. :) ~Kathrina
Kathrina: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Not so fast! I DID my research... and as I said, our bottles said: "NOT FOR INTERNAL USE" (with capital letters too... it must have been _really_ important!). I for one, have never eaten or had the intention, to gobble up essential oils! SO THERE! =P And who, might I ask, has ever eaten them??? YOU? (I know Daniel has! Or _says_ he has...)
You don't trust me huh... not my problem ;). And I'm pretty sure that if you don't use Young living you're using a cheaper brand :). (at least cost wise) And yeah I'm still alive too :) and so are most people that don't use essential oils :). Daniel
22 comments:
Ah! You changed the time!
~S
I don't think they changed the time... I think they just forgot to schedule the post!
:)
~Bethany
Actually, I changed the time purposefully to be sure no one was getting up too early to see the riddles. ;)
~Kathrina
IF I’M NOT MISTAKEN: Soap is made with Essential Oils… and Essential Oils are bad to eat because of too much concentration. I think that’s right… but I’ve only made regular soap instead of dish! :)
~Bethany
P.S. Oh... I see! Very funny! Although i would never get up that early to check riddles... for goats? Yes. But never riddles! :)
Actaully... that means that Johan does't get extra time to see them! Hmmm I had been wondering about that.
haha :) if you had posted it at 3:00 again I would have almost stayed up late enough to read it :).
Bethany: I don't think very many soaps are made from essential oils, but I wouldn't know for sure. The lemon essential oil is edible if you water it down enough :).
Anyway, my answer would be that some bozo thought it would be a good idea to make soap taste nice. (strange how all my answers are like that...)
The DA
Scent is easier to do with real lemons, since the lemon flavoring does not matter.
The lemon flavor requires so much lemon that it is easier to use artificial flavoring.
(Yes, this answer was written with the help of my 5 room mates here at law school.) ;-)
Additional comment left for the purposes of subscribing to future comments.
DA: Well, have you ever eaten Lemon Essential Oils?! Actually, I had this "lesson" on how water has memory. Sure, if you just dump a gallon of water into a drop of Essential Oil, it won't hurt you (probably). But there are ways to make that one drop really strong by shaking the water, adding more water, shaking again, and then the molecules of the water "remember" the motion of the molecules of the oil drop's motion. That way the water has a VERY strong concertration of the oil. Whew! I think that's right. It sure is hard to remember all that!
CORRECT ME ANYONE! (If I'm wrong!
Johan: Your roomates will leave the camp with some increases in brain-power!
:D
~Bethany
Bethany: Yes I have eaten Lemon essential oil. I usually put a drop or two in a glass of water. It's good for sore throats :). You can also do it with Peppermint, Frankincense, (Frankincense you can eat straight, I put it under my tongue) and probably a few more that I can't remember.
Daniel
PS never heard about the water having a memory before, very interesting...
Daniel: I fins it very strange that it says (in capitol letters): "NOT FOR INTERNAL USE"!
Hmmmm. So strange. I wonder why?
~Bet
Oops! I meant to say that it says that on our essential oil bottles. LOL!
~Bet
hmm, we use Young Living, and it seems like it says it's ok to "eat" some of they're products.
Daniel
Daniel: For some strange reason... I really don't believe you.
;D
~Bethany
When I say this... I MEAN it.
IT DOES!!!!!!!
DA
Define "This".
ROTFLOL!
Wait... what does?
~Bethany
it does say that you can eat it... that's why it's "FOOD GRADE" ;)
DA
Thanks for your thoughts, everyone! Wow, Johan (and room mates), thanks for taking the time to drop by our small bit of web-land. I liked the answer.
Some of our essential oil bottles actually have instructions for use as a "dietary supplement". So, do your research, Bethany! :) They can indeed be taken in quite small amounts. :)
~Kathrina
Kathrina: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Not so fast! I DID my research... and as I said, our bottles said: "NOT FOR INTERNAL USE" (with capital letters too... it must have been _really_ important!). I for one, have never eaten or had the intention, to gobble up essential oils! SO THERE! =P
And who, might I ask, has ever eaten them??? YOU? (I know Daniel has! Or _says_ he has...)
~Bet
Kathrina: glad someone agrees with me ;)
Bethany: trust me I do it all the time. I think you just get a cheaper brand. Young Living is the best, but it's sooooooo expensive.
DA
DA: I don't think I trust you! ;)
Cheaper brand? I'm not sure... But I _do_ know that I'm still alive! (Imagine _that_!)
~Bethany
You don't trust me huh... not my problem ;).
And I'm pretty sure that if you don't use Young living you're using a cheaper brand :). (at least cost wise)
And yeah I'm still alive too :) and so are most people that don't use essential oils :).
Daniel
Ah yes! My answer for this one and the newest are coming soon... For now I'm thinking. :D
~S
Post a Comment