Monday, February 21, 2011

Moments with the Dictionary of Music #4

Downbeat. (1) The first and thus metrically strongest beat of a measure, usually signaled in conducting with a downward motion. (2) The first beat of a piece and thus also the conductor’s signal to begin a piece.

8 comments:

Shiloh Strang said...

What!? Here I am checking for a Ceili movie and I get another definition! ;)

-Your Friend

Shiloh Strang said...

Ahh!!! Me too!

-Your "other" Friend

Daniel Ahrens said...

Yeah! we demand videos!
But definitions are also cool... lol
-Friend #3

Daniel Ahrens said...

Hey, maybe if we comment on the definition (hint hint), they might post a video!
[Comment on definition]: Cool... that makes sense. I hope you aren't making these easier so I can understand them. :)
Daniel

Shiloh Strang said...

Uh oh! Daniel's desperate!!!

~Bethany

Daniel Ahrens said...

Everyone, please remain calm, and slowly move towards the bomb shelters; Daniel Ahrens is getting desperate for videos. Please remain calm. :)
Daniel

Bisceglia Family said...

Don't shoot! I'm working on one!
~ Janna :)

Daniel Ahrens said...

What??? already? but we're having so much fun on this post! :)
Daniel