Monday, February 28, 2011

Moments with the Dictionary of Music #5

Tempo [It., time]. (1) The speed at which music is performed, I.e., the rate per unit of time of metrical pulses in performance.

For the next several weeks we’ll be taking a look at different tempo markings!

4 comments:

Shiloh said...

Yah!

Daniel Ahrens said...

Ladies and Gentlemen, the drum roll continues, but much of the previously excited audience has excited the building. Stay tuned.
I'm just teasing you :). Take your time.
Daniel

Shiloh Strang said...

Oh, don't get me started, Daniel!
Now I want to "spill the beans" for the next definition!

I don't think they'll like me letting the "cat out of the bag" like I wanted to do during the riddles... but on the other hand... I do know tempo marking...............

~Bethany

Daniel Ahrens said...

Just let them do it, it's not your blog... :)
Bisceglias: It might be less tempting for her to spill the beans if she didn't have the beans in the first place :). Just saying...
Daniel