Friday, January 20, 2012

On the Wings of Inspiration

At our latest recording session Michael, our engineer, showed us a video he had taken of Krista's award winning composition, On Seaward Wings, at our performance at the Atkinson Memorial Church last December.  As we were watching it, we noticed that the sound quality seemed a little too perfect for the little video camera he recorded with.  And also, what happened to those live performance mistakes?  We will leave you to guess!

I do want to applaud Michael's superb editing skills.  It is an honor to have someone put together a video like this for us!

5 comments:

Shiloh Strang said...

So, Michael took your recorded track and put it in for the audio in your video? I've heard of video editing programs that can change the music's tempo and meter to fit the video... is this what he did?

Very well done, though! :) I really enjoy that piece. Are you going to show the other video with the mistakes??? Just kidding!

~Bethany

P.S. I will look at it more closely when I get the chance to see if I can see "anything". ;D

Daniel Ahrens said...

That was very well done, you can tell that the actual music wasn't live, but only because the sound quality was so high. Plus it's one of my favorite songs, so it's just super cool all around. :)
Daniel

Shiloh Strang said...

At 3:01 Sarah's hand comes off the piano and the notes still come out of the piano! :D

Bisceglia Family said...

You got it! The music is from a studio recording. :) Although, Michael didn't actually have a program that changed the tempo of the music. He re-edited it by hand by lining the track up to our motions every two seconds. Our tempo was steady enough that everything held for that amount of time! We were quite amazed by his work. :)

~ Janna

Shiloh Strang said...

I hope the wings of inspiration aren't clipped!!! :D You appear to have disappeared... Everyone misses you greatly!

Until the next post!
~Bethany