Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Calamity of Quotes

For our final project for Shakespeare class, Sarah and I chose to create a scene using characters from three different Shakespeare plays, all saying lines that may or may not have been given them by Shakespeare!

The three characters are Prince Hal from Henry IV and Henry V, Countess Olivia from Twelfth Night and Valaria from Coriolanus.  The film proved very challenging to put together, because we started it on a sunny afternoon outdoors - only to run out of time.  We ended up having to re-shoot the whole thing indoors due to the rain, but ultimately it came off rather well. It is probably funniest to a Shakespeare scholar, but I hope it is amusing to everyone! - Janna


8 comments:

Shiloh Strang said...

That was so well done!!! :D
It made me laugh it was so funny! The closest I've got to Shakespeare is some quotes of his and a Duo Interpretation on it... so I don't really know much of it, but I thought that was great! ;)

Hmmm... Maybe you all should consider making more movies!? ;)

~Bethany

Shiloh said...

That was funny!

And Kathrina was perfect in that part!!

Lord Maderok said...

The Strangs wouldn't know, (Daniel should) but at the very end when I say "where are the script writers, I'm gonna kill 'em" I was more or less directly quoting from the bloopers from PotC: Curse of the Black Pearl FYI.
lol the abbreviation of Pirates of the Caribbean looks pretty funny.

Daniel Ahrens said...

Noah, I figured it was probably something like that. :) I don't remember much about the blooper reel from CotBP, you'll have to do more impersonations for me. :)
Bethany, they have, but they only let privileged people watch them. :) Apparently, Noah was so funny in them, and they didn't want the world to know that he was secretly a comedian. So don't tell anyone. :)
Good show, Bisceglias!

Shiloh Strang said...

Daniel: ::sigh:: I'm never a privileged person! You are not the first person to tell me that. How come it's always that way?!
Seriously though... I know how it is to have those "secret", personal videos that will ruin your reputation if they get in the wrong hands! LOL!

Noah: I see!

~Bethany

Eden said...

lol! That was really well done! I esp. loved Krista! Haha!

~Eden

Daniel Ahrens said...

So the real privelige is not being the "wrong hands". :)
Yes, Jonathan was always dragging me outside to make movies of him and I fighting. (shoulda called it the Brotherly Love show). The problem was, we could never get the clips of him punching me quite right, so we had to practice them about 150 times. He still owes me for those Chiropractic visits. We did one where we were Elves fighting Orcs. We were also Orcs fighting Elves, mainly due to the lack of additional actors. Also, I think I was 12 at the time, so trying to impersonate an Orc was no less than blackmail material. I don't know why we never thought of doing something like this, it doesn't seem like it would be as tedious as trying to fake us killing each other. We still owe Mom for all that ketchup.
Anyway, it's too bad I never had a little brother I could pick on in movies like that, it seems like I was always on the low end of the stick, as it were.
Hey Noah, we should make a video sometime this summer! What'd ya say?

Lord Maderok said...

Yeah I really want to do that. I was thinking we should make little pouches filled with grape juice and tie them to various parts of are bodies, then when we slice each other we simply hit the pouches good and hard and grape juice goes flying through the air. Another cool thing about using grape juice is we could stab each other with knives and then let the grape juice run into our hands and then we could drink it. Yeah, I still have an imagination...