For Mother's Day, Mom wanted to go hiking in the Columbia Gorge. We all thought it was a lovely idea, and so she pulled out her books and trail guides, and we set our destination near Multnomah Falls.
Krista and I trying to rescue Krista's hat from Noah's clutches...
...however, we decided it wasn't worth the trouble.
Dad reading the trail signs.
The hike began by winding up through woods filled with lush vegetation.
Noah resting on the hillside.
The sun shone, and the trail climbed higher and higher. It's very refreshing to hike level with the hills!
Janna on the trail.
Triple Falls...they were simply gorgeous.
Mom and Dad ♥
All of us children with Mom on the bridge.
Noah decided that he should eat his lunch across the creek from the rest of us. So he took of his shoes and and the handy, removable bottom portion of his pant-legs and started from stone to stone across the water. Then he had to decide if he should wade, or try to jump from there.
He got across, only to realize that he'd left his sandwich on a rock halfway.
Here he is, tossing the sandwich to shore as he wades across.
This small butterfly seemed to enjoy Krista's company.☺
The trail to Upper Horsetail Falls goes right behind the waterfall!
It was the perfect way to spend a perfect day.
6 comments:
Great pictures! I LOVED THE POST!!! And I loved looking at all the pictures as well... as I ALWAYS say: "What's a blog without pictures?!" (I'm pretty sure I'm right about that too;) )
~Bethany
Bethany: I agree :)... unless it's a unanswered riddle...
We took our Mom on a hike too! I wasn't well enough to go but it sounded like they all had a great time... (when they found the trail...)
Daniel
Daniel: Well... at least SOMEONE agrees! ;) I agree with you too!!!
That's funny, we were thinking about going on a hike to (to some fall, I'm not sure what it was)... we just never got around to doing it though! :)
~Bethany
hikes must be the ultimate Mother's Day event!
Thanks for your comments!
Bethany - I'm glad you liked the post. And I'm glad we post lots of pictures on our blog. :)
Daniel - It sounds like there's a story to go with your family's hiking excursion. :) Yes, I thinking hiking is a great Mother's Day activity (depending on your mom and family, of course). :)
~Kathrina
haha, yeah I think there is. I don't know it though cause I wasn't there :( oh well you'll have to ask someone else sometime :)
Post a Comment