Since sheep do not have the many cares and worries which humans incur, surely they would not struggle with insomnia. Thus, the question is inapplicable. Perhaps a more appropriate question would be whether sheep are capable of abstract thought.
Johan: That would be hard, even for us humans... Shiloh: I rather like Shepherds, too, but, uh, when we had sheep I don't think they showed signs of counting. (Who knows, though; have you ever read The Rats of Nimh?) Rena: I absolutely agree with you, really. :) :) :)
Oh, I wish the Australian sheep rancher, Thomas Austin was still alive (do you remember THAT, Kathrina?! Fiddlesticks! Of course YOU do! ;) ) then I could ask him what he thought… Wait a minute! I know what his sheep counted… Rabbits!
Actually, I’ve observed my goats’ sleeping (which is a VERY hard thing to do, you kind of have to sneak up on them because they are not deep sleepers!) and they sit extremely still and breathe very heavily... hence I don’t know what thoughts go through their heads!
Seriously, I thought sheep were some of the “unsmartest” animals around! (Except for turkeys!)
~Bethany
Kathrina: Okay! I’ve got it… What Order are sheep in? NO PEEKING!!! ;)
Everyone: If sheep were to count us, because we count them… Does that mean that they would eat “People Crackers” because we eat “Animal Crackers”?! Just a random thought………
Here I am, I was working with Dad all day :) hmmm, I think sheep probably sit there at night eating people crackers and trying to figure out what the number after 2 is (if they have figured that out yet, most of the younger ones haven't...). actually one day a sheep did figure out the number after 2 (it was 17 for some reason) and went around screaming and yelling in the middle of the night and suddenly a coyote got him. The End
I guess I'm not following everyone very well... Just so everyone knows, these are called unaswered riddles because I don't know of any answers. I guess the best one wins and please don't ask me how that should be determined. :) Bethany, sorry I haven't responded. Honestly, I don't remember the order for sheep. Those were short-term memory details. I know the kingdom and that's what matters, right? ;) ~Kathrina
Kathrina: Woo! Hoo! Now I’m really excited! I actually found something you did not remember from Biology! (Sorry for my vicious glee!) To be honest with you though… I am really quite impressed! I still think it is amazing that it took me THIS LONG to figure out something you didn’t remember (you’re too smart for me!) and what I did ask you was kind of hard… But at least I know now that you really are a human! (You know I didn’t believe that the first time you said it… just kidding…) And of course the order is: Artiodactyla.
Johan: Of course you’re right… but um… how do you get them to obey orders such as yours?
One more thing... if sheep are like goats... than you just may end up chasing them around at midnight! (And YES, that has happened to me before. I was dragged out of bed for that... NOT GOOD!) ~Bethany
25 comments:
Grass
People... or maybe Shepherds or Wolves...
I think I like Shepherds best.
~Shiloh
Does Daniel have an answer for this one?? Daniel are you out there?
~EFF
Since sheep do not have the many cares and worries which humans incur, surely they would not struggle with insomnia. Thus, the question is inapplicable.
Perhaps a more appropriate question would be whether sheep are capable of abstract thought.
Krystal (Rena): That’s right! Another thing is... do sheep even count? My goats certainly do not! :)
~Shiloh
Johan: That would be hard, even for us humans...
Shiloh: I rather like Shepherds, too, but, uh, when we had sheep I don't think they showed signs of counting. (Who knows, though; have you ever read The Rats of Nimh?)
Rena: I absolutely agree with you, really. :) :) :)
~Kathrina
Oh, I wish the Australian sheep rancher, Thomas Austin was still alive (do you remember THAT, Kathrina?! Fiddlesticks! Of course YOU do! ;) ) then I could ask him what he thought… Wait a minute! I know what his sheep counted… Rabbits!
Actually, I’ve observed my goats’ sleeping (which is a VERY hard thing to do, you kind of have to sneak up on them because they are not deep sleepers!) and they sit extremely still and breathe very heavily... hence I don’t know what thoughts go through their heads!
Seriously, I thought sheep were some of the “unsmartest” animals around! (Except for turkeys!)
~Bethany
Kathrina: Okay! I’ve got it… What Order are sheep in? NO PEEKING!!! ;)
Everyone: If sheep were to count us, because we count them… Does that mean that they would eat “People Crackers” because we eat “Animal Crackers”?! Just a random thought………
Here I am, I was working with Dad all day :)
hmmm, I think sheep probably sit there at night eating people crackers and trying to figure out what the number after 2 is (if they have figured that out yet, most of the younger ones haven't...). actually one day a sheep did figure out the number after 2 (it was 17 for some reason) and went around screaming and yelling in the middle of the night and suddenly a coyote got him. The End
Daniel
You're response is awesome. :) you can kinda tell I had a long day.
Daniel
That's a good thing you were working with your Dad, Daniel!!
Kathrina: So, what's the answer?
~Shiloh
yeah what's the answer? :)
Daniel: What do you mean "What's the answer"? I thought these riddles had no answer!!!
Kathrina: Do you know the answer to my question? Or is it safe to say......???! Just waiting for it. ;)
~Bethany
Oh, no; you just gave Daniel the answer!
haha, I thought Siloh asked "what's the answer" first ;)
I guess I'm not following everyone very well...
Just so everyone knows, these are called unaswered riddles because I don't know of any answers. I guess the best one wins and please don't ask me how that should be determined. :)
Bethany, sorry I haven't responded. Honestly, I don't remember the order for sheep. Those were short-term memory details. I know the kingdom and that's what matters, right? ;)
~Kathrina
The order of sheep is to follow the shepherd.
Johan: I like that!
huh-uh. the order of the sheep is to taste good and be something for us to count.
No, no, no, Daniel; they are to obey the orders of the Shepherd. :P
Kathrina: Woo! Hoo! Now I’m really excited! I actually found something you did not remember from Biology! (Sorry for my vicious glee!) To be honest with you though… I am really quite impressed! I still think it is amazing that it took me THIS LONG to figure out something you didn’t remember (you’re too smart for me!) and what I did ask you was kind of hard… But at least I know now that you really are a human! (You know I didn’t believe that the first time you said it… just kidding…) And of course the order is: Artiodactyla.
Johan: Of course you’re right… but um… how do you get them to obey orders such as yours?
~Bethany
Getting sheep to obey is quite simple. Just order them to eat whatever is on the menu...
...grass...
...and they will cheerfully obey.
One more thing... if sheep are like goats... than you just may end up chasing them around at midnight! (And YES, that has happened to me before. I was dragged out of bed for that... NOT GOOD!)
~Bethany
Well... if sheep are anything like goats then you need Grain... With that they will cheerfully obey and become your best friends!
Daniel: I haven't seen anyone with the name of Siloh commenting on this blog... so, maybe a different person asked that question first. :)
~Shiloh
Post a Comment