Shiloh: No, I didn't, but now that you mention it, there was something in that film about that wasn't there? (I've only seen The Widow's Might once, and that was quite some time ago.)
Johan: Well, that depends, however it would certainly seem so in some cases (especially riddles ;)). What do you think?
yet another tireless effort to discover thoroughly useless information. :) just kidding, once again, you have found (or came up with) a mind boggling question that I would probably never have thought of. I'll think about that one, right now I need to go eat (yeah I know, kinda late...)
“There’s a ship with its cargo and a car with its shipment! Who ever thought of that? What were they thinking….”
“Some how it seems this world’s confused by the names that give and the terms that they use! Through one lazy eye it appears that they see a world of their own that is different indeed! What will then answer be? Who will solve the mystery?!” (“The Lazy Eye”/ http://bluebehemoth.com/album/52778/)
Ahhh! I’m late. But not because I was stumped! (I DID have my answer in less than 5 min. of the riddle… I’ve just been busy;) )
So here’s my “take”:
I think that when the Truckers and Sailors named their “stuff” shipment and cargo, they were “feelin’ poorly” and not too “up to par”. I believe it was this way: 1) The Sailors were seasick And… 2) The Truckers were carsick So it’s down to that or: 1) The Sailors had been out to sea too long And… 2) The Truckers had become “hypnotized” by the median “dashes” in the road (That may not make sense if you don’t know how to drive! ;) )
~Bethany
Kathrina: Why, oh why, do these riddles always have some sort of “Biological Signiface”?! Is this supposed to be some kind of scam? When I saw that this riddle was about ships… I just happened to think:
“Water, water, every where, And all the boards did shrink; Water, water, every where, Nor any drop to drink!” - S. T. Coleridge
Daniel: I'm still awaiting your answer to this useless (but intrigueing) question. ;) Shiloh, yes - I do remember that, vaguely. I need to watch that film again. :) Anyway, I like your anwer the best so far. Bethany, maybe your answer is what really happened! :O And yes, of course I remember reading that poem excerpt when I learned about osmosis.
Kathrina: oh yeah I forgot :). (wait, this is Kathrina right? you forgot to sign it :)).
Ahem, well in my opinion, that is not strictly true, because some shipments do come by ships, and airplanes as well. At least I think so...
So... if that wasn't a good enough answer (or if by freak chance someone else already said that... I wouldn't know ;)) here's another one: ...shoot, I just realized that idea doesn't really hold water. I'll have to come up with something esle... Oh my word! Juli needs me I gotta go! (heh heh heh, I'm off the hook!)
Yes, this is Kathrina. :) When I first read this riddle (after I got over how funny it was) I had a similar response, Daniel. Its fun to think about, anyway...
On the time change - well, besides wondering whether or not you all would notice :) - I just thought 3:00 was getting boring and I wanted to do something different!
Kathrina: Is there anything you DON’T remember from Biology?! (Or am I just coming to the realization that I remembered only the ::ahem:: slightly less important details? ;) ) Unless you’ve been peeking in your book… I’m sure there’s a way I can stump you! (Ooops! Did I just say that?!)
Also, I thought for sure that you must have changed the time because you were too tired from getting up 3:00am! (You are soooo loyal!) :)
Johan: Good thinking! Although… how do you suppose to carry out your plans :/?
Bethany, FYI, no, I haven't been peeking in my book. :) Although, after the osmosis thing, I did go and check myself. I was right though. I studied hard . . . and I felt like I forgot a lot, so it was actually kind of encouraging to realize that I do remember at least some things. :) Don't worry though; I'm human, and I'm sure there's something I don't remember. (Oh no! I shouldn't have given that away...:O) ~Kathrina
Your post wasn't up when I posted mine. :) And Bethany, I think you should not "let the cat out the bag" - it would be much more fun to comment "I thought this one was coming back when we were discussing #6"! ~Kathrina
Oh no! Now I really feel like I'm not that smart!!! If you're human and you remember that much.. than what am I?! I don't think I remember half as much as you do! Is there any cure for me........ Oh, but I DO remember Physical Science! ;)
Hmmmm... okay I'll won't tell! But instead of saying: "I thought this one was coming back when we were discussing #6"! I'll say: "I KNEW this one was coming since BEFROE #6!!!"
19 comments:
Did you get this from the movie "The Widows Might"?
~Shiloh
Does English usually say one thing and mean another?
Shiloh: No, I didn't, but now that you mention it, there was something in that film about that wasn't there? (I've only seen The Widow's Might once, and that was quite some time ago.)
Johan: Well, that depends, however it would certainly seem so in some cases (especially riddles ;)). What do you think?
yet another tireless effort to discover thoroughly useless information. :) just kidding, once again, you have found (or came up with) a mind boggling question that I would probably never have thought of. I'll think about that one, right now I need to go eat (yeah I know, kinda late...)
Daniel
“There’s a ship with its cargo and a car with its shipment! Who ever thought of that? What were they thinking….”
“Some how it seems this world’s confused by the names that give and the terms that they use! Through one lazy eye it appears that they see a world of their own that is different indeed! What will then answer be? Who will solve the mystery?!”
(“The Lazy Eye”/ http://bluebehemoth.com/album/52778/)
Ok- the second part is my answer. :)
~Shiloh
Ahhh! I’m late. But not because I was stumped! (I DID have my answer in less than 5 min. of the riddle… I’ve just been busy;) )
So here’s my “take”:
I think that when the Truckers and Sailors named their “stuff” shipment and cargo, they were “feelin’ poorly” and not too “up to par”. I believe it was this way:
1) The Sailors were seasick
And…
2) The Truckers were carsick
So it’s down to that or:
1) The Sailors had been out to sea too long
And…
2) The Truckers had become “hypnotized” by the median “dashes” in the road
(That may not make sense if you don’t know how to drive! ;) )
~Bethany
Kathrina:
Why, oh why, do these riddles always have some sort of “Biological Signiface”?! Is this supposed to be some kind of scam? When I saw that this riddle was about ships… I just happened to think:
“Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink!”
- S. T. Coleridge
So… do you remember THAT?!?!
(Oh, I saw you changed the time too!)
Daniel: I'm still awaiting your answer to this useless (but intrigueing) question. ;)
Shiloh, yes - I do remember that, vaguely. I need to watch that film again. :) Anyway, I like your anwer the best so far.
Bethany, maybe your answer is what really happened! :O And yes, of course I remember reading that poem excerpt when I learned about osmosis.
I noticed the time change, too. What happened?
Some shipments go by airplane, and semi-trucks carry cargo... confusing.
I'd ask my grandpa (he was 2nd mate on a big ship) but he died many years ago.
ROTFLOL! Coincidentally, the word verification below is asking me to type the word "skipper".
Kathrina: oh yeah I forgot :). (wait, this is Kathrina right? you forgot to sign it :)).
Ahem, well in my opinion, that is not strictly true, because some shipments do come by ships, and airplanes as well. At least I think so...
So... if that wasn't a good enough answer (or if by freak chance someone else already said that... I wouldn't know ;)) here's another one: ...shoot, I just realized that idea doesn't really hold water. I'll have to come up with something esle... Oh my word! Juli needs me I gotta go! (heh heh heh, I'm off the hook!)
Daniel
Yes, this is Kathrina. :) When I first read this riddle (after I got over how funny it was) I had a similar response, Daniel. Its fun to think about, anyway...
On the time change - well, besides wondering whether or not you all would notice :) - I just thought 3:00 was getting boring and I wanted to do something different!
Have a good afternoon ~ Kathrina
Say,I'm going to start researching answers for riddles 10 and 11. ;-)
Kathrina: Is there anything you DON’T remember from Biology?! (Or am I just coming to the realization that I remembered only the ::ahem:: slightly less important details? ;) )
Unless you’ve been peeking in your book… I’m sure there’s a way I can stump you! (Ooops! Did I just say that?!)
Also, I thought for sure that you must have changed the time because you were too tired from getting up 3:00am! (You are soooo loyal!) :)
Johan: Good thinking! Although… how do you suppose to carry out your plans :/?
~Bethany
@ Bethany: I guess they were posted for a few minutes or something, because they showed up in Google Reader. ;-)
I think they're gone now, though.
Johan: That's too bad! LOL!!!
Kathrina: Actually I have a pretty good guess for what one of the riddles may be… I’m just not sure if I should let the cat out of the bag or not……….!
~Bethany
Bethany, FYI, no, I haven't been peeking in my book. :) Although, after the osmosis thing, I did go and check myself. I was right though. I studied hard . . . and I felt like I forgot a lot, so it was actually kind of encouraging to realize that I do remember at least some things. :) Don't worry though; I'm human, and I'm sure there's something I don't remember. (Oh no! I shouldn't have given that away...:O)
~Kathrina
Your post wasn't up when I posted mine. :) And Bethany, I think you should not "let the cat out the bag" - it would be much more fun to comment "I thought this one was coming back when we were discussing #6"!
~Kathrina
Oh no! Now I really feel like I'm not that smart!!! If you're human and you remember that much.. than what am I?! I don't think I remember half as much as you do! Is there any cure for me........ Oh, but I DO remember Physical Science! ;)
Hmmmm... okay I'll won't tell! But instead of saying: "I thought this one was coming back when we were discussing #6"! I'll say: "I KNEW this one was coming since BEFROE #6!!!"
:)
~Bethany
yeah it's fun :) I wouldn't read them otherwise ;)
Post a Comment